- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (and extra for dusting surface)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (or more, it varies)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until dough becomes firm (not sticky or wet.) Add flour and water as needed.
- Roll dough into approx. 16 balls-about an inch and a half to two inches in diameter.
- Dust surface, flatten tortilla in hand with a bit of flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out tortillas into large, thin circles-about 6 inches in diameter. (If they start getting sticky, dust tortillas and surface with more flour.)
- Heat on high (about 450 degrees) and cook each side for about two minutes. (When they bubble and rise, you should flip them.)
- Place the remaining tortillas in a gallon size ziplock bag in the fridge.
- To reheat, you can heat both sides on a skillet until warm.
(serving size: 1)
Calories: approx. 85
Total Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 72 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 13.75 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
Protein: 2.5 g